Tuesday 21 August 2012

29 weeks down, 11 to go

Why does growing a human have to be so exhausting?  At least with my previous pregnancies I was able to take a nap during the day, but with a busy 5 year old who very rarely naps, and the other 2 on different schedules (how the heck did that happen, I was so careful with the first two to keep them the same!) Mommy naps are few and far between.  As a result, by 7:30 when I'm tucking my little angels in for the night, I'm ready to conk out with them!  But alas, there is always so much more that has to be done.

This week is especially busy, as my mom is hosting a retirement party for my aunt (her sister) and let's just say it's not a small affair.  We're expecting upwards of 80 people, so needless to say, Mom is going a little crazy about getting things just so around her place.  Now, both of my sisters still live at home, one with her hubby in the basement suite, and one in the largest room that she has very little inclination of leaving until she can afford to buy herself a house (not a condo, or town-house, a detached single family dwelling).  To be honest, I'm not sure who would have a harder time when she finally does move out because it's a pretty big place for just Mom and Dad.  I'm thinking that E, O, W and ? will be spending a lot of time over there!  Anywho, back to the craziness of getting ready for the party.  My whole point was that I get the stories and am an ear to the woes of my dear sisters.  

Not that I get off scott free!  Oh no, I have my own marching orders, which are mostly baking related.  So far I've made 2 different brownie squares and a nanaimo bar.  Still to come are Lemon Champaign cupcakes and a chocolate raspberry cake.  Maybe I'll get some photos on Saturday of my handiwork and post them up for the world to see...  

Tonight I'm praying for a good night's sleep for all my little ones, so I can have one, too, for tomorrow I'm watching 2 more little ones, just to add to the madhouse!

Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment